THORSUN is a men’s and women’s swimwear line, focusing on impeccable fit and original prints. Current stockists include: Bergdorf Goodman, Barneys New York, Mr. Porter, Matches Fashion, The Webster Miami and many other domestic and international doors.
Thorsun swimwear is looking for a Spring/Summer intern to work directly with the founder in assisting with the everyday functioning of the business. We are a start-up brand made in New York, so the position will have the opportunity to see and affect all aspects of how the business functions and grows. We have both a men’s and women’s offering, and this position will play a role in the development of both lines.
- Must be a current student, preferably in the later years of your degree.
- Highly organized
- Some knowledge of the buying, merchandising and production process
- An interest in and knowledge of marketing and social media practices
- The ability to work independently in order to meet deadlines
Work will include but not be limited to:
- Liaising between the founder and retail account contacts including Bergdorf Goodman, The Webster, Mr. Porter, Matches Fashion, Barneys New York and Fred Segal.
- Reviewing and maintaining the functioning of the website
- Participating in the creation look book, marketing and social media materials
- Procuring materials from and liaising with vendors in New York’s garment district
- Tracking production deadlines and progress
- Assisting with market appointments and event set up
- Assisting with public relations appointments and interviews
To apply, please send your resume to email@example.com.