I’ve been feeling a little like this picture this week… Scattered all over the place.
Why are humans so inconsistent? One week I feel motivated and organized and ready to go, and then I have a week like this one, where I never felt like I was firing on all cylinders.
I dunno… It’s just weird.
The past few weekends, I woke up on Saturday revved up and ready to kick @ss. Not today, though.
I still have to get a few things done, like, I need to do the bare minimum of cleaning (just to keep from completely losing my sh*t next week), but I’m gonna stop after I do a quick once-over of the bathroom, speed vacuuming and ONLY one or two loads of laundry.
But that’s it.
Man, I was feeling all over the place yesterday, so I did my thing with the timer. I set it for 20-minute blocks a few times during which I only worked on one task at a time. And after each 20-minute block, I took a 10-minute break.
It helps, but it wasn’t enough.
Yes, I know I’ve talked about this trick before and must sound like a broken record. I’m sorry. Please feel free to slip into that daydream about Viggo Mortensen while I babble…
I really need to refill my well this weekend, so I’m not going to push myself. After a little cleaning, I just want to read and rest. Ahh… That sounds nice. ?
Speaking of reading (and weak transitions), I found a few interesting things on the Interwebz this week…
- Allegedly, these leggings are like sports bras for your booty.
- SkinStore is having a Labor Day sale. Use code BEAUTY to take 20% off everything site-wide from Peter Thomas Roth, Sunday Riley, GlamGlow, Illamasqua and more.
- Next month Pat McGrath releases a permanent collection of makeup at Sephora, and it looks luxe, OMG!
- My friend Rae recently wrote an interesting op-ed for Teen Vogue — which, by the way, has been KILLING IT lately — called “Why the Trope of Rebellious Asian Women With Colorful Hair Is Problematic.”
- There’s actually something called “a bone lift,” and it’s for your face.
- Researchers at Harvard believe that they have found the next Einstein, and she’s 23.
- Whoop-whoop! If you’re an Amazon Prime member, look for special discounts at Whole
- How Martha Stewart finishes all the stuff she needs to get done
- Got long locks? Here’s how to How to Bring Out the Wave in Long Hair bring out the wave in that magnificent mane.
- I’m trying to “chill out” and resist my makeup hoarder tendencies (really!), but Makeup Museum’s display of summer makeup — especially the vintage 1940s compact — is making it hard, man!
- For my fellow GoT fiends: wild theories about Daenerys’ new hair!
- Now that’s a real-deal, fancy-schmancy makeup organizer.
Have a good one, babe! ? I’d love to hear from you.
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,
P.S. If you’re anywhere near Hurricane Harvey right now, I’m sending warm, dry thoughts. I hope you’re OK.
P.P.S. If your urge to read hasn’t been quenched, here’s a look baaack at the MBB archives…
One year ago today on Makeup and Beauty Blog: Finding Great Cards for Great Grandparents This Grandparents Day
Two years ago: Come With Me on My Walk!, Super Blocky, Angular, Super Sharp Brows: A Do or a Don’t?, For More Precise Eyeshadow Placement, Try Applying Your Crease Color With a Flat Brush, For Better Blending, Try Holding Your Brush at the End
Three years ago: Makeup Tips for the Red Carpet and/or Black-Tie Events, The Nude ’90s Are Back With Rosy Brown Tom Ford Beauty Lip Color in Negligee, Do the Chop! This Easy Trick Could Solve Your False Lash Woes, The Sonia Kashuk Eye Palette in Sweet Nothings Is Sweet on Lids, Any Time Is a Good Time for Bronzer With Guerlain Terracotta Light Sheer Bronzing Powder in 05 Sun Brunettes
Four years ago: Makeup and Beauty Blog Monday Poll, Vol. 286, POPBeauty Plump Pout Liquid Lipstick Stain in Peony Petal Blooms With Major Cat Lady Potential, Today’s Purse and Shoes, Christmas Comes Early in California With the New NARS Loves Los Angeles Gift Set, Why Stop and Smell the Roses When the New Clarins Graphic Expression Face & Blush Powder Palette Smells This Divine?
Five years ago: Rouge Bunny Rouge Glide Concealer, Sundays With Tabs the Cat, Makeup and Beauty Blog Mascot, Vol. 206
Six years ago: Green Day, Ryan Gosling: His Best Hair?, Get Homework Help with the New LORAC Close Up: Real Life to Red Carpet Natural to Dramatic Face Tutorial, Who Gardens at Midnight? YSL, Of Course, with the YSL Midnight Garden Collection for Fall 2011, YSL Midnight Garden: Wintergreen La Laque Long Lasting Nail Laquer
Seven years ago: Lea Michele: Her Best Hair?, NARS Pure Matte Lipsticks, MAC Fabulous Felines Leopard Luxe Eyeshadow Quad, Wild Cats Couldn’t Keep Me Away from MAC Fabulous Felines, Could EZface Kiosks Change the Face of Drugstore Beauty?
Eight years ago: Lip Look: Plum Diggity with MAC Make-Up Art Cosmetics, More Zoya Tastiness, Random Acts of Beauty: 7 Things (Beauty or Otherwise) Currently Rockin’ My World, Green Means Go: Tarte Green Siren Cheek Stain
Nine years ago: Beauty Snacks: Sites of the Day, August 26, MAC Cult of Cherry Face of the Day Using the Shadowy Lady Quad