OMONDI is a small womenswear label located in Bed-Stuy Brooklyn. We are looking for a fashion design intern to assist in our studio a minimum of 3 days a week, ready to start by Tuesday September 5th.
- Current Fashion Design Student or Graduate
- Educated in Adobe & Microsoft Programs (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, Word, Excel)
- Has basic & fundamental patternmaking skills
- Has basic & fundamental sewing skills (understands garment construction & finishes)
- Basic understanding of fabric compositions
- Sourcing fabrics, trims, and factories
- Pattern adjustments
- Minimal sewing
- Attending fittings
- Assisting Photoshoots
We’re looking for someone who is genuinely excited to work and learn about this industry. Someone who has great taste, a good eye, and is critically attentive to detail. This is a small team, so everyone does a bit of everything. It’s a perfect place for someone who wants to sink their teeth into a company with small-scale operations and who’s ideas will truly be heard and can make a difference. Must be able to collaborate and communicate well with others. Being on time is of utmost importance!
A paid internship by OMONDI standards is defined as a monthly stipend to compensate each intern for the time they offer to learn at OMONDI. If you’re seeking a full-time paid position, please do not apply.
Please respond with a resume and a portfolio to Sabla at email@example.com.