Home World News Nigeria News Nigeria news : 2020 UTME No extension after Jan 17 as JAMB records highest registration ever
Nigeria News

Nigeria news : 2020 UTME No extension after Jan 17 as JAMB records highest registration ever

Share
nigeria news 2020 utme no extension after jan 17 as jamb records highest registration ever
Share
72160f3a jamb logo

Nigeria news : 2020 UTME No extension after Jan 17 as JAMB records highest registration ever, The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) on Sunday, said there will be no extension of registration after Monday, January 17.

It also disclosed that nearly 2 million prospective candidates have registered for the 2020 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME), the highest ever.

“There will be no extension for the registration of candidates for both the UTME and the Direct Entry (DE) as being speculated in some quarters”, Fabian Benjamin, Head of Media and Information, told NAN

“Registration for this year’s examination ends by 12 midnight of Feb. 17, and that will be it for this year.

“The board is pleased with the way the exercise has gone so far and with this, we have registered over 1.9 million candidates.

“This figure is the highest that the board has ever recorded in the history of its examination.

“We are happy that we keep improving every day in a bid to ensure effective management of our operations,” he stated.

The spokesman added that a total of 669 out of the 747 centres across the country will be used for the conduct of the computer-based test (CBT).

“One of the purposes of the mock examination is to test-run the facilities in these centres. Anyone of them that falls short of standard will automatically be delisted,” he said.

Share

Leave a comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Related Articles
I don’t owe Davido apology – Ruger on alleged rift with colleague
Nigeria News

I Don’t Owe Davido an Apology — Ruger Speaks on the Rumored Rift

Singer Ruger has reacted to the alleged rift between him and his...

Rapper Falz asks President Tinubu to resign over insecurity
Nigeria News

Falz Calls for Tinubu’s Resignation as Violence Keeps Rising

Popular rapper and activist, Folarin Falana, aka Falz, has urged President Bola...

I won’t stop criticizing Tinubu govt – Mr Macaroni denies raping 17-year-old girl
Nigeria News

I’ll Keep Speaking Up — My Reply to a False Allegation Mr Macaroni

Nigerian actor, comedian, and activist Adebowale Adedayo, popularly known as Mr Macaroni,...

‘I’ll expose your murder, fraud cases if you continue to harass me’ – Regina Daniels to Ned Nwoko
Nigeria News

When Silence Breaks: Regina Daniels’ Angry Warning to Ned Nwoko

Nigerian actress Regina Daniels has warned her estranged husband, Senator Ned Nwoko,...