Home News Nigeria News Clement wants Sigurdsson future resolved this week
Nigeria News

Clement wants Sigurdsson future resolved this week

Share
clement wants sigurdsson future resolved this week
Share

Swansea manager Paul Clement wants the future of Everton target Gylfi Sigurdsson to be resolved by the end of the week.

Sigurdsson

Gylfi Sigurdsson

Clement has rejected two Everton bids for Sigurdsson as he holds out for a £50 million fee for the Iceland midfielder.

Sigurdsson missed Swansea’s tour to the United States after withdrawing following interest from the Toffees, with the club saying he was “not in the right frame of mind”.

The 27-year-old has since rejoined training but will not feature in Swansea’s friendly against Sampdoria this weekend.

“He will not play against Sampdoria on Saturday. Talks are still going on and hopefully we are going to get some news in the next couple of days,” Clement said on Wednesday.

“The deal needs to be the best for all parties involved, we have got a very important season coming up.

“We know what happened last season — if you don’t make a good start — and we don’t want that to happen again.”

With Everton so far unwilling to match Swansea’s valuation, there have been reports Ronald Koeman’s side will offer cash plus England Under-20 right-back Callum Connolly in a bid to seal the deal.

Share

Leave a comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Related Articles
I’ll work with any political party – Iyabo Ojo tells critics after FAAN video
Nigeria News

Iyabo Ojo Responds to Criticism Over FAAN Video

Nollywood actress, Iyabo Ojo, has said she will work with any political...

Billboard under fire for calling Rema ‘one-hit wonder’
Nigeria News

Billboard Faces Backlash Over ‘One-Hit Wonder’ Label for Rema

United States entertainment magazine, Billboard, has come under fire on social media...

How Juju man tried to cast spell on me but failed – Nathaniel Bassey (VIDEO)
Nigeria News

Nathaniel Bassey Recounts Alleged Spiritual Attack on Express Road

Nigerian gospel minister and pastor, Nathaniel Bassey, has recounted how an alleged...

Ekiti judiciary moves to integrate High Court into Nigerian Case Management System
Nigeria NewsNews

Ekiti Judiciary Goes Digital: Bringing the High Court onto the NCMS

The Ekiti State Judiciary has commenced steps to integrate its High Court...