When it comes to work environments, there isn’t much that beats working from home.
We all know about the usual perks like working from the couch or doing a video conference call in your pajama bottoms and a nice work shirt.
Everyone also mentions how great it is to have no commute or traffic to deal with.
But what about the lesser-known work-from-home perks?
The things you never think about.
The things no one told you about.
The things no one talks about.
15 Reasons Why Working From Home is the Best Ever
I polled my coworkers at The Penny Hoarder and a few friends to find out what others consider to be the perks of working from home.
I also tapped into the collective wisdom of our readers because y’all are always full of good ideas.
Here’s what people had to say about what it’s like to work from home:
1. You control the office temperature.
2. No one accidentally takes your lunch from the fridge.
3. You never have to find a quiet place to take a phone call.
4. You can sneeze without freaking out the entire office.
5. No one knows if you cry.
6. You can do anything you want, anytime you want.
7. You don’t have pretend not to notice weird things your coworkers do.
8. You won’t have an awkward bathroom experience.
9. You get all the mail and Amazon deliveries before everyone else in the house.
10. You won’t spend 45 minutes choosing an outfit every morning.
11. You can keep anything you want on your desk.
12. It doesn’t matter what your hair looks like.
13. Unless you’re doing a video call.
14. You can talk to yourself.
15. There’s no one around to see you desk-ercising.
If you can’t relate to this list because you enjoy working outside your home, don’t worry.
When I asked some people what they enjoyed most about working from home, they said, “Nothing!”
Lisa McGreevy is a staff writer at The Penny Hoarder. She does a lot of these things when she works from home but she’ll never admit which ones.