Photo: Jonathan Simkhai
Jonathan Simkhai is a New York based luxury womenswear brand, established in 2010, and winner of the CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund in 2015.
Seeking Merchandise Retail Coordinator:
The ideal candidate for this position will be responsible for bridging the day to day gap between the sales team and retail stores. He/She will utilize their retail and merchandising expertise and work closely with the wholesale team to help plan and reach department goals.
- Maintain collection appearance on sales floor (collection is merchandised properly and sizes are filled from back stock).
- Initiate extensive floor moves when new deliveries hit stores and keep the collection looking fresh by making smaller updates weekly.
- Communicate with the sales team regularly and review weekly selling in order to be knowledgeable of the current state of business with each account.
- Monitor best/worst sellers each week and keep a close eye on physical stock levels to have awareness of where personal push on sales floor should be.
- Compose weekly recaps relaying applicable information to the sales team pertaining to best/worst sellers for the week, store associate call outs, stock situations, promotion feedback and travel.
- Track sales performance at local flagship locations on a weekly basis and have the ability to suggest and manage sales initiatives to ensure the sales plan at each store is being achieved.
- He/She is not only expected to be an ambassador of the brand but also a product expert in regard to seasonality, fabric, fit and sizing.
- Working directly with customers on the sales floor, providing them with expert knowledge of the product, fit guidance and styling advise.
- Know the market and be able to speak not only to Jonathan Simkhai, but also to competitors and their strengths.
- Arrange and execute product knowledge seminars at local and other store locations. Some travel may be required.
- Constant communication with store managers and associates. Build relationships with teams so that they feel comfortable coming to you with any call outs, questions/concerns and client feedback.
- Work with the visual teams closely in each store to update mannequin looks and request additional fixtures when applicable.
- When new deliveries hit stores, try on the product. Suggest and encourage sales associates to do the same in order to build excitement around the new styles.
- Compile seasonal recaps with store specific information.
- 3-5 years of retail store sales experience.
- Excellent professional communication and business relationship skills.
- Ability to self start, prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Experience merchandising and/or developing store visuals.
- Proficient with MS Office Powerpoint, Word and Excel.
To apply, please send your resume to Samantha Segredo at email@example.com.