Scholarship Description: The University of Victoria is awarding International Entrance Scholarships for students entering a full-time undergraduate degree program.
Scholarship Provider: The University of Victoria is a large research university located in Victoria, British Columbia, Canada. The University of Victoria, founded in 1963, is the oldest university in British Columbia and began as Victoria College in 1903, as an affiliated branch of McGill University.
All applicants to UVic (regardless of country of origin or citizenship status) are required to demonstrate competence in the English language prior to admission.
Degree Level: Scholarships are available for pursuing an undergraduate program at the University of Victoria.
Available Subject: Scholarships are awarded to study the subjects offered by the university.
Scholarship Benefits: Twenty scholarships of $10,000 each are awarded to academically outstanding international students
Eligible Nationalities: Scholarships are open to international students.
Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, international students must normally be:
- Entering their first year in an undergraduate degree program at UVic and meet UVic’s academic and English proficiency requirements. See English Language Proficiency requirements
- A current secondary school student or have graduated within the last two years and have not attended a post-secondary institution
- Accepted to UVic with an admissions “A” average
- Admitted to UVic a minimum of 32 International Baccalaureate points
- An international student studying at UVic on a Canadian study permit (changes to your citizenship status may effect your scholarship eligibility)
- Grade 12 Interim (current student)/ Final (graduated student) transcript deadline: February 28
English Language Requirements: All applicants to UVic (regardless of country of origin or citizenship status) are required to demonstrate competence in the English language prior to admission.
Application Procedure: Eligible candidates are automatically referred to Student Awards & Financial Aid by Undergraduate Admissions.
- International students must send in an interim transcript (if a current secondary school student) or a final transcript (if a student has graduated within two years of application and has not attended another post-secondary institution) by February 28 to Undergraduate Admissions to be assessed for an International Scholarship.
- Eligible candidates are automatically referred to Student Awards & Financial Aid by Undergraduate Admissions.International students must be admitted to the University of Victoria before being considered for an entrance scholarship.