LuxCartel is an incubator for emerging designers that offers customized brand development, allowing its specially selected clientele to devote more of their precious time to the creative process. LuxCartel’s services include: press, sales, consulting, management, logistics, production oversee, collaborative projects, and promotional events.
The Junior PR Manager position is a multi-level role that responds to the PR Director and oversees a full-time intern. As the point of contact for all incoming press inquiries, the Junior PR Manager bears the responsibility of maintaining relationships with editors and stylists in the US as well as internationally for all clients under the LuxCartel roster. With the chief objective of securing the widest possible coverage for every brand, the Junior PR Manager plays a crucial role in both the development and execution of the agency’s communications strategies. This position is ideal for the forward-thinking self starter who is results-driven and able to work with little supervision.
- Coordination of editorial sample requests. Responding to all requests and overseeing an intern with the preparation of loans as well as coordinating pick-ups and deliveries.
- Handling showroom appointments with stylists and editors and securing as much face time with key contacts for designers, including desk-side appointments, interviews and studio visits.
- Regular personal outreach to key contacts on newsworthy updates and pursuing PR opportunities for all brands
- Monitoring of press coverage in traditional media as well as celebrity placements
- Clipping and logging all press placements
- Logging all credit requests
- Maintaining and organizing showroom and presentation of samples
- Managing contact data base using Fashion GPS
- Producing monthly activity progress reports for all clients
- Strong anticipation skills; proactive and forward thinking
- Exceptional copywriting skills to develop brand identities, mission statements and write press releases
- Interpersonal skills: must be able and ready to interact with stylists and editors at all levels to handle showroom appointments and facilitate interviews with designers
- Deadline/task orientated with a great sense of urgency
- Proactive, requiring little direction, takes responsibility
- Detail orientated, organized and structured
- Strong Follow-up skills
- Skilled with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook & PowerPoint), experience with Fashion GPS preferred
Minimum internship experience in the fashion industry required
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.