MIHA Commonwealth MSc Scholarships in International Humanitarian Affairs at University of York in UK, 2018
Scholarship Description: The Department of Health Sciences at the University of York is currently accepting applications for MIHA Commonwealth Scholarships for the academic year 2018-2019. This scholarship is available for students joining either the online MSc International Humanitarian Affairs, commencing their studies in September 2018.
The Commonwealth Scholarships are administered by CSCUK, working as the UK arm of the Commonwealth Scholarship and Fellowship Plan (CSFP). The CSFP is working towards partnerships between developed and developing countries aimed at combining academic excellence with the desire to make a real difference in some of the world’s poorest countries.
Scholarship Provider: The University of York is a collegiate plate glass research university located in the city of York, England. Established in 1963, the campus university has expanded to more than thirty departments and centres, covering a wide range of subjects.
Available Subject: Scholarships are awarded in the field of International Humanitarian Affairs.
CLICK ANY LINK BELOW TO APPLY
Number of Scholarships: Up to 5 scholarships are available.
Eligible Nationalities: This scholarship is available to a citizen of a developing Commonwealth country, refugee, or British protected person.
Eligibility Criteria: Scholarships are available to applicants who meet all of the following criteria:
- A citizen of a developing Commonwealth country, refugee, or British protected person
- Permanently resident in a developing Commonwealth country
- Hold a first degree of at least upper second class (2:1) standard. A lower qualification and sufficient relevant experience may be considered in certain cases
- Are working in or with public organisations, including NGO’s, aid agencies and local/national government departments, and can demonstrate throughout their application that they are working towards the Sustainable Development Goals
- Can dedicate at least 15 hours each week to their studies with a number of study sessions being over 2 hours in length
- Meet the University Entry Requirements for the programme (see the ‘Entry requirements’ on course web page).
Application Procedure: Scholarship applicants must hold an offer of a place at the University of York on the programme. Details of how to apply to the university are contained on the programme page linked above.
When you hold an offer, please complete the scholarship application. Full instructions for the Electronic Application System (EAS) are contained on the Scholarship Commission’s website:
Apply for the Commonwealth Scholarship
CLICK ANY LINK BELOW TO APPLY
The scholarship application will ask you to provide an email address for a referee. When you submit your application to the EAS your referee will be contacted to ask them to provide and upload a reference. We receive a huge volume of applications for these awards and therefore will only consider those applications supported by a reference at the closing date (31st May) so please submit your application at least 1 week before the deadline to allow your referee time to write their letter. Applicants are responsible to follow up with their referees to ensure letters are submitted.