Agent @ Artists & Company
Salary based on experience
LOCATION: Los Angeles
Artists & Company is a fashion agency based in New York & Los Angeles. It was established in 2017 to manage the careers of well established and sought after Film Directors, Photographers, Stylists, Hair Stylists, Makeup Artists, and Manicurists. The Los Angeles office seeks an Agent. The ideal candidate has extensive industry connections with artists, producers, publicists, photographers, editors, creative directors, and art directors.
* * At least 2-3 years of experience is required * *
- Discover new artists and establish agency representation
- Strategically manage and plan artist careers
- Build and maintain relations with current clients
- Research for targeting new clients
- Schedule meetings with clients to promote the agency and artists
- Negotiate bookings with editors, producers, and publicists
- Create estimates and deal memos
- Account management, billing, and invoicing (billing and wrapping jobs)
- Managing artists’ calendars and options
- Manage artists’ and assistants’ schedule during show and celebrity award seasons
- Travel coordination
- Create and maintain artists’ online portfolios in accordance with long and short term career goals
- Coordinate with the media staff for artists’ website updates, email outreach, and social media
- Flexibility with work hours (this is not a 9-5 job)
- Previous experience managing talent
- Proven sales and promotional record
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously
- A deep care about artists’ careers and going above and beyond client expectations
- A keen sensibility for current trends in the fashion, beauty, and celebrity markets
- The ability to make key decisions with good judgment
- Superior communication skills
- A good demeanor while interacting with staff at all levels
- Experience working well under pressure while remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful, and efficient
- A high level of professionalism and confidentiality
- Independence and self-motivation
- Strong initiative in a team environment
- The desire to build a long-term career in the extremely competitive industry of fashion and fashion agencies.
TO APPLY: Send cover letter, resume, and references to email@example.com.
ABOUT Artists & Company:
Artists & Company is making a fresh and innovative name for itself by using something very simple- the personal touch. Typically lost as the fashion world expands in all aspects of media and business, Artists & Company puts their talent first and foremost. Firmly believing success comes from connecting artists in mutually beneficial ways, we are dedicated to seeking out and developing creative talent to encompass all sectors of the global market.
Priding ourselves on the commitment we make to both our talent and clients, our strategic approach sets us apart from our competitors. We are able to road map and accelerate career objectives in meaningful ways to grow and extend our talent’s personal brand. This positions us to be first choice when it comes to a premium bespoke service. Nothing is more important than seeing our talent thrive, while forming highly respected partnerships with clients.
We place artists in teams for editorial clients like Vogue, L’Officiel, Numero, Harper’s Bazaar, Elle, New York Times Style Magazine, Marie Claire, CR Fashion Book, V Magazine, i-D, GQ, InStyle, Glamour, Allure, Dazed, and S Moda; brands like Versace, Givenchy, Prada, Max Mara, Channel, La Perla, Dolce and Gabbana, DKNY, Dior, Lancôme, L’Oréal, Schwarzkopf, Goldwell, Nike, Adiddas, and Reebok; celebrities like Lupita Nyong’o, Julia Roberts, Natalie Portman, Chloë Moretz, Gal Gadot, Keri Russell, Ariana Grande, Priyanka Chopra, Taylor Schilling, Brie Larson, Cameron Diaz, Ashley Greene, Salma Hayek, Naomi Campbell, Cheryl Cole, Nicole Scherzinger, Thandie Newton, Naomie Harris, Julianne Moore, Solange Knowles, and Ruth Negga; award season on the red carpet and major fashion events like Fashion Weeks, the Met Gala, and CFDA Fashion Awards.