Home Sports Football Eden Hazard capable of winning the Ballon d’Or
FootballSports

Eden Hazard capable of winning the Ballon d’Or

Share
Eden Hazard
Share

Eden Hazard has all the attributes to win the Ballon d’Or, according to Chelsea team-mate Cesc Fabregas.

Hazard was one of the key figures in Chelsea’s title success last season, but was pipped to the individual honours by team-mate N’Golo Kante, while his highest placing in the Ballon d’Or ranking has been eighth, back in 2015.

This season has seen Hazard weigh in with eight league goals so far, but the Belgium international has failed to reach the highs of last campaign on a consistent basis.

Fabregas, speaking exclusively to Sky Sports ahead of Chelsea’s Monday Night Football clash with Watford, insisted Hazard still has the talent to be regarded as the best in the world and said the 27-year-old just has to apply himself.

“He is a player who can do one on one, he can get possession of the ball, he can pass and has great ability with the ball,” Fabregas said. “With Eden, if he wants to win the Ballon d’Or it’s up to him.

“I’ve played football for a long time and played with top, top playe­­rs and he has all the quality, I know what he can do.”

Fabregas also revealed he has personally informed Hazard he can reach the pinnacle of world football.

“I have told him that it’s up to him, I like to be honest,” Fabregas added. “In my opinion, he has the quality.”

“Without the ball he’s very difficult to bring down and get the ball off him. When he is on top of his game he’s up there with the very best.”

EUFA Champions League Results (Full Time)

David Haye reveals sparring secrets that may influence British Beef fight

Nigeria Can Lift 2018 World Cup, says CAF President

Share

Leave a comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Latest Posts

Related Articles
Liverpool vs Arsenal preview, team news, prediction and more
Football

Anfield Test: Liverpool vs Arsenal — What to Expect

Two early Premier League title contenders meet this Sunday as Liverpool welcome...

Newcastle United face roadblock in pursuit of Strand Larsen
Football

Newcastle’s Hunt for a Forward Hits a Snag — Strand Larsen Stays Put (for Now)

Newcastle United are reportedly keen on adding another striker to their squad...

Bruno Fernandes considers MLS move after Saudi interest
Football

Bruno Fernandes Weighs Up a Fresh Chapter — MLS on the Table

Bruno Fernandes’ future at Manchester United is uncertain, according to recent reports....

Kostas Tsimikas edges closer to AS Roma loan from Liverpool
Football

Tsimikas on the Brink: A Loan to AS Roma Looks Likely

Liverpool have clarified their stance on Kostas Tsimikas as the Greek full-back...