Home News 11 persons killed as multiple explosions hit Maiduguri
NewsNigeria News

11 persons killed as multiple explosions hit Maiduguri

Share
11 persons killed as multiple explosions hit maiduguri
Share

Maiduguri – At least 11 persons were killed in multiple bomb explosions on Tuesday night in Maiduguri.

A reliable security source, who pleaded anonymity, told NAN that the first and second explosions occurred at about 9.45 p.m. at Mulaikalmari, some six kms away from Maiduguri.

The source said that eight persons, including the suicide bombers were killed in the attack.

Three persons were also killed and five others wounded in the third and fourth explosions, which occurred about 20 minutes later at Polo-Sabon Gari area of Maiduguri, according to the source, who said he helped in the evacuation of the victims from the scenes of the explosion.

“All the attacks occurred in the outskirts of the metropolis.

“It is a foiled attempt by Boko Haram insurgents to infiltrate the town.”

The source added that security teams had been drafted to the affected areas to ascertain the situation.

He disclosed those wounded referred to Special Hospital, Maiduguri for medical attention.

Efforts to get confirmation from the Police proved abortive the as Command’s public relations officer did not respond to phone calls
and text messages.

However, the Chairman of the State Emergency Management Agency, Alhaji Satomi Ahmed, who confirmed the attacks, said his officials have been mobilised to the scenes.

“Thanks to the hard work of our Emergency Response Teams we were able to put together a prompt response, ” he said

Share

Leave a comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Related Articles
Robert Duvall, Oscar-Winning Star Of Tender Mercies, Dead At 95
Celebrity newsNews

Robert Duvall, Oscar-Winning Star of Tender Mercies, Dies at 95

Respected actor and filmmaker Robert Duvall has died. He had a remarkable...

I’ll work with any political party – Iyabo Ojo tells critics after FAAN video
Nigeria News

Iyabo Ojo Responds to Criticism Over FAAN Video

Nollywood actress, Iyabo Ojo, has said she will work with any political...

Billboard under fire for calling Rema ‘one-hit wonder’
Nigeria News

Billboard Faces Backlash Over ‘One-Hit Wonder’ Label for Rema

United States entertainment magazine, Billboard, has come under fire on social media...

How Juju man tried to cast spell on me but failed – Nathaniel Bassey (VIDEO)
Nigeria News

Nathaniel Bassey Recounts Alleged Spiritual Attack on Express Road

Nigerian gospel minister and pastor, Nathaniel Bassey, has recounted how an alleged...