Are you wondering whether you should use shared hosting or WordPress hosting for your website? This is a question that keeps coming to us now and then. So we decided to let you know 6 tips we feel WordPress hosting is better than shared hosting.
The 2 most important things you need when starting a website are a domain name and a web hosting account. While the domain name is the address of your website, a web host is the place where your website files are located.
Also Read: 8 Best Website Builders for You
So when someone types your site URL in the address bar of their web browser, your website files are fetched from the web hosting account. And then, people can see your live website in their browser.
Now, there are different types of hosting services available in the market including shared, and WordPress hosting. But which one is suitable for your needs? Also, what’s the difference between shared and WordPress hosting? Let’s try to understand each of them in simple words.
What Is Shared Hosting?
Shared hosting is a web hosting solution where your site shares the resources of a single web server with several websites. Shared hosting is a type of low-cost plan where you share space on a server with other sites. And the main advantage of using such a service is they’re available at an affordable rate.
Since multiple websites use a shared server, such companies can offer hosting services cheaper than WordPress hosting. So you can expect shared hosting plans to be as low as $2.75 per month.
While price is the primary benefit, there are some potential downsides to this hosting. For example, you’ll have to share resources with other websites, which means your performance can suffer if those sites get a lot of traffic.
What is WordPress hosting?
WordPress hosting is a form of web hosting optimized to run WordPress sites. By using a WordPress host, you’ll receive lots of tools and services specifically tailored to WordPress sites. These may vary depending on what WP hosting service you opt for but often include features such as one-click-install, automatic software updates, and a team of support staff specializing in WordPress to provide you with customized support.
More than 1.1 million new domains are registered every six months. So if you’re looking to create a business website or migrate your existing one, WordPress is a leading site builder – and it’s a noteworthy hosting option, too.
WordPress is an easy-to-use, simple, and fully customizable hosting option, and using a WordPress hosting service alongside your WP site will optimize your site’s performance and results.
6 Tips WordPress hosting is better than shared hosting
Although the cost of purchasing a WordPress hosting service can be too much at the initial stages of any business. But with the technologies offered, you can expect your site to be fast and secure. Some benefits that show WordPress Hosting is better than shared hosting are.
- Improved security. WordPress hosts offer servers equipped against WordPress-specific threats alongside a dedicated team who will stay on top of security issues and ensure your site is safe and secure.
- Fast set-up and performance. The website set-up process is made incredibly quick using pre-configured web technologies, and the WordPress servers ensure fast loading times and quick uptime from the moment your site’s live.
- Better plugin function. You won’t need to use as many plugins because the host will optimize performance, security, and caching. And for the plugins, you do want or need, WP-hosted sites are optimized to work with the most popular of them, which can be automatically updated. And you can be sure that the WordPress hosting provider has carefully vetted the plugins to make sure they are of the highest quality and are fully secure.
- Easy-to-add SSL certificates. Most managed WordPress hosting plans allow you to add an SSL certificate to your site in a couple of clicks at no extra charge.
- Automatic updates. Your website will receive automatic updates and upgrades, and security packages can be added to every website on a server at once.
- Tailored support. When using a WordPress hosting service, you’ll be able to access dedicated customer support services, experts in resolving WordPress issues.
Also, Read Google Primer, What it is and What you need.
If something were to happen to your website, WordPress hosting generally provides free automatic backups. This gives you peace of mind, knowing that at any time, you can restore your website to what it was in the past. The ease and worry-free features make WordPress hosting stand out from other hosting packages.
Why you should use WordPress Hosting
You’ll benefit hugely from using WordPress hosting. WP hosting integrates perfectly with websites built with WordPress and will improve your site’s functioning, security and offer automatic updates. Of course, you don’t have to use WordPress Hosting if you have a WordPress website, but combining the two creates the ultimate package.
Those looking for a managed hosting plan would benefit from WordPress hosting, too. WordPress hosts often offer managed services, where your site is run and maintained for you by WP experts. This is a great option for those with limited time or experience with running a website.
Your hosting plan is one of the most important elements to consider when putting together a new site. One of the first decisions you’ll make is to opt for basic shared hosting or pick up a WordPress-specific plan.
Shared hosting is incredibly popular with smaller websites and blogs, as it’s a very affordable option. On the other hand, WordPress hosting better suits you if you want a highly optimized and secure site and have a little more room in your budget.