Wednesday, September 28, 2022
HomeWorld NewsFIFA releases Guidelines for 2026 Bidding Process

FIFA releases Guidelines for 2026 Bidding Process

World football’s governing body FIFA Tuesday dished out bidding process for the 2026 World cup with the 2018 World cup in Russia barely eight months away. Recall that, approval was given late last month of the bidding regulations for selecting a host for 2026. The 2026 edition will be the first World Cup to feature an expanded tournament with 48 teams.

The guide outlines key elements of the reforms approved by the FIFA Council, as well as “the assessment mechanisms in place, recommendations on the protection of the process’ integrity, the timeline for the selection of the host(s), the specific requirements for hosting, a detailed explanation of the government guarantees, as well as the principles of sustainable event management and human rights protection.”

There are two bids for hosting the 2026 World Cup. A joint bid from the United States, Mexico and Canada is competing against Morocco.

The bids have until the end of November to submit a completed bidding agreement to FIFA. The deadline for the submission of bids is March 16, 2018. The FIFA Council will shortlist the bids just ahead of the 68th FIFA Congress, selecting the winner on June 13, 2018.

Though it seems unneeded given the strength of the North American bid, FIFA has set up a process to be followed if neither of the candidates is awarded the right to host in June. In fact, the backup plan would take effect earlier should there be no bids submitted in March. Under this plan, the host for 2026 would be chosen by the 70th FIFA Congress in May 2020 according to fifa.com

Jack Cork urges England youngsters to make most of loan spells

In Vietnam Death toll from typhoon rises to 61 The death toll from typhoon downpours and floods wreaking havoc along Vietnam’s south-central coast has risen to 61, an official said Tuesday, as the country opens its doors to world leaders for this week’s APEC summit.

Real Madrid will decide if Gareth Bale plays for Wales

Pence US VP says 1983 bombing was opening salvo in ‘war on terror’ US Vice President Mike Pence described the 1983 bombing of a Marine Corps barracks in Beirut as the opening shots of the “war of terror” Monday, as he issued fresh warnings to Iran and Hezbollah.

England seek to wear poppies against Germany




More Related Articles

Sign up to receive awesome contents in your inbox, everyday in the morning.

Select Your Interest:

We don’t spam! Read our privacy policy for more info.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website.