Home News Nigeria News Convicted police officer, Chauvin offers condolences to George Floyd’s family
Nigeria News

Convicted police officer, Chauvin offers condolences to George Floyd’s family

Share
convicted police officer chauvin offers condolences to george floyds family
Share
convicted police officer chauvin offers condolences to george floyds family

Derek Chauvin, the former Minneapolis police officer, convicted of killing George Floyd last year, has offered his condolences to the deceased’s family.

Chauvin offered his condolences minutes before Hennepin County District Judge, Peter Cahill, sentenced him to 22 and a half years in prison for the murder of Mr. Floyd.

He also said he would reveal information later that would give ‘peace of mind’ to the family.

“Due to some additional legal matters at hand, I’m not able to give a full formal statement at this time.

“Very briefly, though, I want to give my condolences to the Floyd family.

“I hope these things give y’all finally some peace of mind,” he said.

However, it was not immediately clear what information he was referring to in the brief statement.

Meanwhile, his mother, Carolyn Pawlenty, told the Judge that the image being painted of her son is not the image she has of the child that she raised.

She said Chauvin is not a coldblooded killer and racist police officer while describing her son as a “quiet, selfless man with a big heart” who always put others first.

“The public will never know the loving and caring man that he is,” she said.

Recall that Floyd, an unarmed 46-year-old man, died on May 25, 2020, in the hands of the White police officer in Minneapolis, Derek Chauvin.

Chauvin, seen in the viral video with his knee on Floyd’s neck, was charged with third-degree murder and manslaughter.

Share

Leave a comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Related Articles
I’ll work with any political party – Iyabo Ojo tells critics after FAAN video
Nigeria News

Iyabo Ojo Responds to Criticism Over FAAN Video

Nollywood actress, Iyabo Ojo, has said she will work with any political...

Billboard under fire for calling Rema ‘one-hit wonder’
Nigeria News

Billboard Faces Backlash Over ‘One-Hit Wonder’ Label for Rema

United States entertainment magazine, Billboard, has come under fire on social media...

How Juju man tried to cast spell on me but failed – Nathaniel Bassey (VIDEO)
Nigeria News

Nathaniel Bassey Recounts Alleged Spiritual Attack on Express Road

Nigerian gospel minister and pastor, Nathaniel Bassey, has recounted how an alleged...

Ekiti judiciary moves to integrate High Court into Nigerian Case Management System
Nigeria NewsNews

Ekiti Judiciary Goes Digital: Bringing the High Court onto the NCMS

The Ekiti State Judiciary has commenced steps to integrate its High Court...