Home Lifestyle Celebrity news Duchess Meghan’s Family Owe Thomas Markle an Apology
Celebrity news

Duchess Meghan’s Family Owe Thomas Markle an Apology

Share
samantha markle prince harry duchess meghan owe thomas markle an apology
Share

Duchess Meghan’s Family Owe Thomas Markle an Apology, Samantha Markle is defending her father, Thomas Markle, amid the reports that the retired lighting designer will testify against daughter Duchess Meghan, Samantha’s half-sister, in court.

“Of course he would,” Samantha, 54, said in an interview on British TV program This Morning on Friday, January 17. “The truth is the truth. And so, based on that, of course, he would testify.”

Samantha Markle Defends Thomas Markle and Says Prince Harry and Duchess Meghan Owe Him an Apology

Samantha Markle and Thomas Markle. Kevin Manning/MEGA; Thorpe/MEGA

Multiple outlets reported on Tuesday, January 14, that Thomas, 75, is expected to be called as a key witness for the defense after Meghan, 38, took legal action against the publisher of the Mail on Sunday in October for its publication of a letter she wrote to him.

But in her interview, Samantha argued that the letter ended up in the “public forum” after Meghan allegedly shared the letter with friends and the media. “This claim of breach of privacy doesn’t seem to have legitimate basis,” Samantha said on the show. “It seems somewhat ludicrous, in my opinion.”

Famous Family Feuds

Samantha Markle Defends Thomas Markle and Says Prince Harry and Duchess Meghan Owe Him an Apology

Duchess Meghan and Prince Harry and Meghan Markle visit Reprezent 107.3FM Radio station in Brixton on January 9, 2018. Tim Rooke/Shutterstock

Samantha doesn’t believe reconciliation between Meghan and Thomas is likely. “Prince Harry and Meghan have quite a bit of apologizing to do. You know, we’re not talking about teenagers. We’re talking about adults who, I believe, knew exactly what they were doing. And in regards to my father, it was so incredibly wrong and unfair and shocking, really.”

On Tuesday, the Daily Mail reported that Thomas had given lawyers previously unreleased text messages he exchanged with Meghan before her May 2018 wedding to Harry, 35. Meghan and Thomas have been estranged since his involvement in a paparazzi photo scandal in the days leading up to her and Harry’s nuptials.

Samantha also slammed the couple earlier this month for their decision to step back from their duties as senior members of the British royal family. “It is a slap in the face,” she told Inside Edition on January 9. “I think what is shocking is the lack of consideration for the people involved, the British royal family, the promises that were originally made to honor royal duties and to lead by example.”

Everything We Know About Prince Harry and Duchess Meghan’s Rocky Royal Path

Thomas criticized the decision, as well. “I’ll just simply say I’m disappointed,” he exclusively told Us Weekly on January 8.

Share

Leave a comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Related Articles
Unsettling Sketch Of Nancy Guthrie Suspect Ignites A Brutal Internet War
Celebrity newsNews

The Sketch That Set Off a Storm: How One Drawing Turned a Missing-Person Case Into an Online Fight

A sketch artist imagined what is underneath the mask of a suspect...

Prince Harry's Ex Chelsy Davy's Most Leggy Looks Aren't So Royal
Celebrity news

Chelsy Davy’s Most Leggy, Non-Royal Looks

Even when she was dating Prince Harry, Chelsy Davy made a habit...

The Remember The Titans Cast Looks Nothing Like You Remember
Celebrity news

‘Remember the Titans’ Cast: Then and Now

"Remember the Titans" remains a seminal sports film nearly 30 years after...

Before & After Pics Of Nicola Peltz Show How Plastic Surgery Changed Her Face
Celebrity news

Before and After Photos of Nicola Peltz Fuel Plastic Surgery Speculation

Since marrying Brooklyn Beckham, Nicola Peltz's star has skyrocketed, but with more...