Meow, it’s Caturday!
I’m single-handedly cleaning out the cat lady mug section at Marshalls! I found another cute one at the cash wrap secretly hidden behind a wall of non-cat-themed mugs. It’s by 10 Strawberry Street and was like 5 bucks! I couldn’t say no… On that note, happy Caturday! ?
Today’s adventure for me is going to involve this pair of sparkly pink roller skates and my driveway… Hopefully I don’t tweet later from the emergency room.
Pray for me.
Back in the day, I was pretty good on wheeled shoes, and…UGH! Sorry. Tabs just put his butt up in my grill. I guess that was his way of wishing you a happy Caturday too.
Anyway, I used to spend a lot of time on roller skates and roller blades back in the day. At one point I was so committed to my rollerblading that I kept them in my car, and sometimes, while driving around, if I saw a random spot that looked particularly good for blading I’d pull over and bust them out!
But I haven’t been on a pair in almost 20 years…and I’m simultaneously excited and scared to try these skates on. I’m wondering, “What if I break a leg? Or a hip? Then I wouldn’t be able to carry the baby or the cat up and down the stairs!”
Can you remember the last time you were on skates? I’m hoping you’ll say “five minutes ago” or “yesterday” so I can live vicariously through you. ?
In the event that you now feel inspired to dig your skates out of the closet and zip around the block, before you go, here are some beauty stories that piqued my interest this week…
- HomeGoods is opening a spin-off chain called HomeSense…because they want to take all my lunch money, obviously.
- The new Luminizer X Quad from RMS Beauty looks so dreamy!
- I mean…how could you possibly NOT know you had 27 pairs of contact lenses in your eye? I only wear one, and I’m ready to rip it out by the end of the day.
- I’ve been on a Pixi kick, and I really want to try their Peel & Polish.
- Here’s the story of Myeong Jo Lee, the matriarch of the K-Beauty biz and one of the greatest female entrepreneurs of our time.
- New lip products from cruelty-free Pop Beauty!
- “I was not a very quiet boy,” says Manolo Blahnik at the beginning of the trailer for Manolo: The Boy Who Made Shoes For Lizards, a new fashion documentary. “Never was, never will be.”
- What’s it like to wear the new Chanel Les Beiges Healthy Glow Gel Touch Foundation?
- A look inside the world of Chanel Haute Couture…
- Benefit recently repackaged their Boiing Concealers.
- I’m making these Watermelon Popsicles this weekend. YUMMY!
- Here are the most influential fashion trends, decade by decade. And P.S., the S-Corset from the 1900s looks really, REALLY uncomfortable.
- When you name your daughter after one of the greatest science fiction heroines of all time, you take note of lists like 14 Recent Sci-Fi Films That Didn’t Need Big Budgets to Be Amazing.
- A San Francisco boutique owner/criminologist runs her own sting operations to catch shoplifters… Say what?!
- 15 ways to become a better person
- Bobbi Brown: “I Don’t Focus, That’s Why I’m Successful.”
- I just discovered this poem by Anne Sexton called Courage, and it’s one of my favorite things at the moment because it celebrates little acts of courage in everyday life.
OK, sweetheart. ? Tabs would like me to remind you that if you’re lucky enough to have a cat butt in your face at any time today…cherish it.
At least that’s what I tell myself whenever I’m faced with a certain plus-sized tabby’s rear end.
Have a great day!
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,