WowPlus
Home Celebrities Nigerian Celebrities NSCDC speaks on killing of its operative by colleague in Lagos
Nigerian Celebrities

NSCDC speaks on killing of its operative by colleague in Lagos

Share
Share
NSCDC 11

The Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC) says it has commenced investigation into the alleged killing of one of its operatives by his colleague at the Free Trade Zone, Epe expressway, in Lagos.

A statement by its spokesman, Mr Emmanuel Okeh, on Tuesday in Lagos said that the officer involved had been stripped of his arms and is currently in detention.

According to him, the ugly incident occurred as a result of an accidental discharge by a personnel of the Corps, which led to some casualties, involving another personnel of the Corps.

He said that Mamman Wuyah and Oshemi Innocent, were both shot, adding that Innocent died, while Wuyah sustained injury and is currently in the hospital.

The Commandant-General (C-G) of the corps, Mr Abdullahi Mohammadu, expressed regrets over the ugly incident that occurred at one of the beats, where personnel of the corps were deployed to protect the nation’s infrastructure.

“I received the information with a heavy heart, and in view of that, I commiserate with the family of the deceased and the injured.

“It is unfortunate in spite several warnings by the corps against such acts of negligence and carelessness,’’ he said.

Muhammadu, however, assured the public that adequate punitive action would be taken against the officer involved to avert a future reoccurrence and to serve as a deterrent to other personnel.

“Investigation into the remote causes of the incident is ongoing as a committee has been set up to critically look into the matter as the officer involved had already been stripped of his arms and is currently in detention.’’NAN quoted him as saying
Mohammadu said the officer would continue to be in detention pending the outcome of the report of the committee and justice is accordingly ensured.

Share

Leave a comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Related Articles
Oyo attacks: ‘Silence after presidential pardon isn’t bravery’ – TikToker Sea King to Sunday Igboho
Nigerian CelebritiesTrending

Sea King Blasts Sunday Igboho Over Oyo Attacks And Rising Insecurity

Nigerian TikToker, Olumide Ogunsanwo, popularly known as Sea King, has called out...

Wizkid becomes first African artiste to hit 11 billion Spotify streams
Nigerian CelebritiesTrending

Wizkid Spotify Streams Hit Historic 11 Billion Milestone

Wizkid, a prominent Nigerian Afrobeats musician, has made history as the first...

Nigerian music stars, Wizkid, Asake, Burna Boy, Tems nominated for 2026 BET Awards
Nigerian CelebritiesTrending

Wizkid, Burna Boy, Tems And Asake Score Major 2026 BET Awards Nominations

Nigerians Afrobeat singer, Wizkid, Burna Boy, Asake and Tems have been nominated...

Alleged extra marital affair: Court orders VeryDarkMan to pay Mr Jollof’s wife N30m for defamation
Nigerian CelebritiesTrending

VeryDarkMan Ordered To Pay N30m After Court Rules Against Him In Defamation Case

A Delta State Federal High Court sitting in Effurun has ordered popular...