WowPlus
Home Celebrities Nigerian Celebrities Nigeria news : Ban looters, corrupt Nigerians – Timi Frank begs Biden
Nigerian Celebrities

Nigeria news : Ban looters, corrupt Nigerians – Timi Frank begs Biden

Share
Share
nigeria news ban looters corrupt nigerians timi frank begs biden

Timi Frank, On Monday, a Kaduna State High Court ordered the Nigerian Correctional Service to evacuate the wife of the Islamic Movement leader in Nigeria (IMN), Zeenat, to an isolation center, for COVID-19 treatment.

Recall that Zeenah Ibrahim was last week alleged to have contracted COVID-19.

But the Controller of Kaduna Correctional Service, Ibrahim Maradun, denied the claims saying he is yet to receive test results after Zeenat’s sample was taken on Wednesday by officials of the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control.

But in a ruling on Monday, Justice Gideon Kurada of a Kaduna High Court ordered her immediate evacuation to a government-approved isolation and treatment center.

Confirming the order, after the secret trial of Zeenat and Ibrahim El Zakzaky, Femi Falana, SAN, said his client tested positive for COVID-19.

Falana said his team presented the test results before the court and applied that Zeenat, the second defendant in the trial who tested positive for the virus more than one week ago, be availed of a proper medical facility to get treatment.

Falana said the Medical facility at the Kaduna correctional center does not have the needed facilities to treat the virus.

“Today at the resumed trial of the client case, the prosecution brought four witnesses, including a medical doctor who testified before the court.

”But we also applied to the court; we drew the attention of the court on behalf of our clients to the fact that the wife of our client Zeenat had tested positive to the dangerous Covid-19 pandemic, and she is being treated in the medical center of the correctional facility.” NAN quoted him as saying.

Also, Mr. Chris Umar, the state Solicitor General, and Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Justice, said the prosecution did not object to the application.

He said the prosecution presented four witnesses, bringing the number of witnesses who testified before the court.

”We have more witnesses,” he added

Share

Leave a comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Related Articles
Oyo attacks: ‘Silence after presidential pardon isn’t bravery’ – TikToker Sea King to Sunday Igboho
Nigerian CelebritiesTrending

Sea King Blasts Sunday Igboho Over Oyo Attacks And Rising Insecurity

Nigerian TikToker, Olumide Ogunsanwo, popularly known as Sea King, has called out...

Wizkid becomes first African artiste to hit 11 billion Spotify streams
Nigerian CelebritiesTrending

Wizkid Spotify Streams Hit Historic 11 Billion Milestone

Wizkid, a prominent Nigerian Afrobeats musician, has made history as the first...

Nigerian music stars, Wizkid, Asake, Burna Boy, Tems nominated for 2026 BET Awards
Nigerian CelebritiesTrending

Wizkid, Burna Boy, Tems And Asake Score Major 2026 BET Awards Nominations

Nigerians Afrobeat singer, Wizkid, Burna Boy, Asake and Tems have been nominated...

Alleged extra marital affair: Court orders VeryDarkMan to pay Mr Jollof’s wife N30m for defamation
Nigerian CelebritiesTrending

VeryDarkMan Ordered To Pay N30m After Court Rules Against Him In Defamation Case

A Delta State Federal High Court sitting in Effurun has ordered popular...