Home World News Nigeria News Julius Berger reveals when second Niger Bridge will be completed
Nigeria News

Julius Berger reveals when second Niger Bridge will be completed

Share
julius berger reveals when second niger bridge will be completed
Share
Second Niger Bridge

Mr Frederick Weiser, the Project Director, Julius Berger Nig. Ltd. on Tuesday disclosed that work on the second Niger Bridge will be completed by Feb. 28, 2022.

Weiser made the disclosure when Gov. Willie Obiano of Anambra State inspected ongoing work at the project site in Ogbaru near Onitsha.

He said the contract for the construction of the Bridge was awarded over the years but was abandoned due to poor funding and failure to mobilise the contractor to site.

According to him, the Bridge is 1.6 kilometres long with 3.3 kilometres adjoining room from Delta and another seven kilometres at the Anambra end.

GLO: 65831-33027-28371

The project director, who disclosed that the project was awarded at N206 billion, said the Federal Government had so far released about 15 per cent of the contract sum.

Weiser explained that the firm was currently constructing beams and doing piling work on the Bridge.

“The biggest challenge we had before now was the rising water level of River Niger which has now receded,” he told Obiano.

In his remarks, Gov. Obiano commended the Federal Government for releasing huge sums for the project, and expressed optimism that the project will be completed on schedule.

The governor described the bridge as “very important to the South East and the nation” and commended the contracting firm for its zeal to complete the job.

Share

Leave a comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Related Articles
I don’t owe Davido apology – Ruger on alleged rift with colleague
Nigeria News

I Don’t Owe Davido an Apology — Ruger Speaks on the Rumored Rift

Singer Ruger has reacted to the alleged rift between him and his...

Rapper Falz asks President Tinubu to resign over insecurity
Nigeria News

Falz Calls for Tinubu’s Resignation as Violence Keeps Rising

Popular rapper and activist, Folarin Falana, aka Falz, has urged President Bola...

I won’t stop criticizing Tinubu govt – Mr Macaroni denies raping 17-year-old girl
Nigeria News

I’ll Keep Speaking Up — My Reply to a False Allegation Mr Macaroni

Nigerian actor, comedian, and activist Adebowale Adedayo, popularly known as Mr Macaroni,...

‘I’ll expose your murder, fraud cases if you continue to harass me’ – Regina Daniels to Ned Nwoko
Nigeria News

When Silence Breaks: Regina Daniels’ Angry Warning to Ned Nwoko

Nigerian actress Regina Daniels has warned her estranged husband, Senator Ned Nwoko,...