Home News Nigeria News Julius Berger reveals when second Niger Bridge will be completed
Nigeria News

Julius Berger reveals when second Niger Bridge will be completed

Share
julius berger reveals when second niger bridge will be completed
Share
Second Niger Bridge

Mr Frederick Weiser, the Project Director, Julius Berger Nig. Ltd. on Tuesday disclosed that work on the second Niger Bridge will be completed by Feb. 28, 2022.

Weiser made the disclosure when Gov. Willie Obiano of Anambra State inspected ongoing work at the project site in Ogbaru near Onitsha.

He said the contract for the construction of the Bridge was awarded over the years but was abandoned due to poor funding and failure to mobilise the contractor to site.

According to him, the Bridge is 1.6 kilometres long with 3.3 kilometres adjoining room from Delta and another seven kilometres at the Anambra end.

GLO: 65831-33027-28371

The project director, who disclosed that the project was awarded at N206 billion, said the Federal Government had so far released about 15 per cent of the contract sum.

Weiser explained that the firm was currently constructing beams and doing piling work on the Bridge.

“The biggest challenge we had before now was the rising water level of River Niger which has now receded,” he told Obiano.

In his remarks, Gov. Obiano commended the Federal Government for releasing huge sums for the project, and expressed optimism that the project will be completed on schedule.

The governor described the bridge as “very important to the South East and the nation” and commended the contracting firm for its zeal to complete the job.

Share

Leave a comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Related Articles
I’ll work with any political party – Iyabo Ojo tells critics after FAAN video
Nigeria News

Iyabo Ojo Responds to Criticism Over FAAN Video

Nollywood actress, Iyabo Ojo, has said she will work with any political...

Billboard under fire for calling Rema ‘one-hit wonder’
Nigeria News

Billboard Faces Backlash Over ‘One-Hit Wonder’ Label for Rema

United States entertainment magazine, Billboard, has come under fire on social media...

How Juju man tried to cast spell on me but failed – Nathaniel Bassey (VIDEO)
Nigeria News

Nathaniel Bassey Recounts Alleged Spiritual Attack on Express Road

Nigerian gospel minister and pastor, Nathaniel Bassey, has recounted how an alleged...

Ekiti judiciary moves to integrate High Court into Nigerian Case Management System
Nigeria NewsNews

Ekiti Judiciary Goes Digital: Bringing the High Court onto the NCMS

The Ekiti State Judiciary has commenced steps to integrate its High Court...