WowPlus
Home Trending Andy Dick charged with sexual battery after allegedly groping woman
Trending

Andy Dick charged with sexual battery after allegedly groping woman

Share
Share

Andy Dick has been hit with criminal charges stemming from recent allegations.

On Monday, July 2, 2018, the comedian was charged with misdemeanor sexual battery and misdemeanor simple battery after being accused of groping an unnamed woman in Los Angeles, TMZ reports. According to court documents obtained by the gossip rag, the woman filed a police report after Dick allegedly made inappropriate comments and touched her butt two times as they walked past each other on the sidewalk in April of this year.

As Nicki Swift previously reported, this isn’t the first time Dick has faced consequences after being hit with sexual misconduct allegations. In October 2017, he was fired from his role in the film Raising Buchanan after being accused of groping people’s genitals, kissing and/or licking them without their consent, and sexually propositioning at least four people on set.

The 52-year-old entertainer later denied the claims. However, he went on to admit to some of the alleged behavior. “I don’t grope people anymore. I don’t expose myself anymore,” he told The Hollywood Reporter at the time, after joking that his “middle name is ‘misconduct.'”

“I do understand that the temperature in the world right now is delicate,” he continued, but added, “I might have kissed somebody on the cheek to say goodbye and then licked them. That’s my thing — I licked Carrie Fisher at a roast. It’s me being funny. I’m not trying to sexually harass people.”

Dick’s estranged wife, Lena Sved, obtained a five-year restraining order against the troubled comedian in March 2018. He has been ordered to stay at least 100 yards away from Sved and their two children following two allegedly drunken incidents.

At the time of this writing, Dick has yet to publicly comment on his recent charges. Amid the #MeToo movement, he is just one of many men in Hollywood — most recently including Chris Hardwick and Morgan Freeman — to be accused of sexual misconduct after the now-infamous Harvey Weinstein scandal first broke last October.

Share

Leave a comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Related Articles
Which 'Fire Country' Stars Are — And Aren't — Returning for Season 5?
International CelebritiesTrending

Which Fire Country Stars Are Returning For Season 5 — And Who’s Officially Gone?

Fire Country has experienced cast — and showrunner — departures amid budget...

Bill Rancic Tells TJ Holmes & Amy Robach Their GMA Scandal Was An 'Expensive Mistake'
TrendingUnited States Celebrities

Bill Rancic Says TJ Holmes And Amy Robach’s GMA Scandal Became An ‘Expensive Mistake’

Former "GMA" co-hosts T.J. Holmes and Amy Roback feel there is one...

What Really Went Down During Tina Fey And Taylor Swift's 2013 'Feud'
TrendingUnited States Celebrities

Tina Fey Taylor Swift Feud Had Everyone Talking After The 2013 Golden Globes Joke

Tina Fey and Taylor Swift's bad blood began with a lighthearted roast,...

Burt Reynolds' 1990s Affair With A Cocktail Waitress Ruined His Second Marriage
TrendingUnited States Celebrities

Burt Reynolds Affair That Shocked Hollywood And Changed Everything In His Marriage To Loni Anderson

"Boogie Nights" star Burt Reynolds tried to paint Loni Anderson as the...