There’s a lot to love about working at home from your own couch or kitchen table.
But when you haven’t combed your hair in three days or you start brainstorming work projects with your cat, it’s time to go find your tribe and spend some time with other people who also work from their homes.
When you do, you’ll discover we have a lot more in common that you’d expect.
Whether you work from home full time, part time or just once in a while, I think we can all agree on one thing: most of these thoughts have crossed our minds at least once.
1. Every day: “I wonder what’s in the fridge?” Repeat times infinity.
2. I really hope the dog doesn’t start freaking out during this video conference.
3. …And I just missed half the video conference trying to corral my stupid dog in the backyard.
4. “Hello, Pizza Hut? I’d like extra garlic on everything, please.”
5. Does my cat seriously sleep this much?
6. I think I forgot how to talk to people.
7. I’m so glad no one can see me right now.
8. I’m glad no one can smell me right now.
9. I really wish just once my audio would work on the first try.
10. If I use Uber Eats again will the delivery person judge me?
11. Oh, it’s 4 p.m., and I’m still in my pajamas. Awkward.
12. I wonder if I have time to hop on the treadmill before my conference call?
13. I bet I can sing both parts of this song.
14. How long has it been since I’ve been outside?
15. “Hey Evan, are you this lazy when I’m not here?”
16. When did it rain?
17. I could really use some human interaction right now.
18. I hope the people in this Google Hangout don’t think I’m an idiot.
19. Maybe I should get an ergonomic chair.
20. Come on, Wi-Fi! Don’t quit on me, don’t quit on me, don’t… ARGH!
21. It’s so quiet around he-… I GOT A TWITTER DM!
22. Did I change my underwear today?
23. I should take this selfie while my office is still clean.
24. Oh man, it’s already dark, and I haven’t even been outside today.
25. Time for second breakfast.
26. Time for second lunch.
27. This expense report would make great origami.
28. I like working from home but, man, it gets old.
Lisa McGreevy is a staff writer at The Penny Hoarder. She really identifies with No. 21, so go find her on Twitter @lisah and say hi. It’ll make her day.