Health And Physical Benefits Of Carrots And Carrot Juice, Carrots are crunchy vegetables mostly preferred to be eaten raw. Eating carrots as a vegetable or snack does not have to be the only way to relish the nutrients in them. Another way to enjoy carrots is by juicing vegetables which can equally be good as a source of a good drink.
Though, some people, prefer to eat their carrots rather than take them as juice. This is because most people do not like the taste of the shafts in the carrot juice, or the delay in processing the juice. The sound produced while carrot sticks can also be a source of excitement while people prefer to eat carrot sticks.
Also read: 7 Reasons Why You Should Eat Organic Food
Though it could be sieved, note; the nutrients are actually in the sifted shafts. Therefore, those who belong to this category would prefer to eat the carrot, which is okay because the benefits are more or less the same. Carrot juice is mostly recommended for infants because of the ease of taking it.
HEALTH AND PHYSICAL BENEFITS OF CARROTS
HEALTH BENEFITS OF CARROTS AND CARROT JUICE.
The health benefits of carrots and carrot juice include:
- Good vision – One of the benefits of carrots is to a vital organ in the body: the eye. Carrots contain vitamin A which helps to improve eyesight and is especially essential for night vision. If you want to boost your eyesight, include carrots in your diet.
- Carrots help the liver to flush out toxins from the body and reduce the amount of bile and fat in the liver.
- Carrots and carrot juice also aid cardiovascular care as they help protect the heart from oxidative impairment, plaque formation, and grave cholesterol boost.
- Carrots help in the reduction of the risk of lung cancer, breast, and colon cancer as they are rich in falcarinol, which fights cancers by destroying the pre-cancerous cells in tumors.
5 . Carrots are packed with antioxidants and nutrients, which boost the immune system and keep it fit.
- Another use of carrots is that it helps to scrape off food particles, especially if eaten raw from the tooth enamel.
- Carrots stimulate the gums to help kill the harmful bacteria in the mouth, which prevents tooth decay.
- Carrots are an incredibly reliable source of calcium which helps with bone development and maintenance.
They, therefore, have positive effects on almost every organ and system in the body just like every other fruit. Carrots reduce the risks of different health conditions.
Also read: Appendicitis: Symptoms You Need To Know
PHYSICAL BENEFITS OF CARROTS AND CARROTS JUICE
- It enhances skin and makes the skin glow – Carrots are known for several positive effects on the human skin, which include getting rid of scars and blemishes, wound-healing, and anti-aging if consumed over an extended period.
Carrots are an accelerator used for glowing skin due to their large amount of beta carotene. Beta carotene is the vitamin that gives carrot its orange color and helps prevent the degeneration of cells slow aging and makes the skin glow. This orange color of carrot is also found in red oil and had anti-aging properties. Carrots are a healthier and affordable alternative to skin whitening lotions and ointments, which may have side effects in the long run.
For people who have a preference for fair skin rather than a dark one, one of their best natural ingredients is raw carrots or carrot juice.
- Carrots and carrots juice are rich in vitamins – Carrots are extraordinarily rich in vitamins A, K1, and B6. Carrots and carrots juice make the skins glow, carrots add useful nutrients to the body.
- It prevents hair loss – Carrots and carrot juice also have tangible effects on human hair. Many people experience breakage of hair every day probably due to the texture or the length of the hair. However, carrots help prevent hair loss and enable softening of the hair strands and overall shine.
Various research has proven that drinking up to 3 to 4 ounces of carrot juice daily would likely bring out these desired effects. Eating carrots every day and you will never regret it.
Possible side effects of carrots juice
While carrot juice has nutritional and health benefits, it is recommended to drink in moderation as it contains less fiber in comparison to the raw carrot.
It is said that excessive intake of beta-carotene a major component of carrots, an antioxidant in carrots, can potentially change the coloring of one’s skin.
The skin may temporarily develop a slightly yellowish or orange tint. As long as carrots are moderately consumed, their effects are positive all through ranging from a boost to your immune system, to hair growth and radiant skin.