ESPN’s Darren Rovell estimated that the Floyd Mayweather-Conor McGregor fight could bring in $30 million in betting handle at Nevada sportsbooks.
Much of that will come in this week leading up to the fight, and Chalk will be monitoring all of the biggest wagers in this file as they come in.
All odds courtesy of the Westgate Las Vegas SuperBook unless otherwise noted.
Opening odds (Feb. 16)
Biggest Mayweather bets
• Las Vegas sportsbook operator CG Technology on Aug. 20 dropped the price on Mayweather to -490 and attracted a six-figure bet on the boxing champ. CG Technology books were offering Mayweather at -500 and McGregor at +400 on Monday afternoon (Aug. 21).
• Johnny Avello, executive director of Wynn race and sports, told ESPN on Friday (Aug. 18) that he has taken multiple $250,000 bets on Mayweather.
• The South Point Sports Book took an $880,000 bet on Mayweather at -550 odds on Aug. 11. If Mayweather defeats McGregor, the bettor would net $160,000.
• On July 28, the Westgate took a “low six-figure” bet on Mayweather at -600 to defeat McGregor.
• On July 3, the Westgate took a “low six-figure” bet on Mayweather at -650 to defeat McGregor.
• On May 30, the Westgate took a $50,000 bet on Mayweather at -800, two weeks before the fight was made official. That bet would net a $6,250 profit with a Mayweather win.
• In the first few hours after the fight was made official, CG Technology took a $45,000 bet on Mayweather.
Biggest McGregor bets
• MGM’s sportsbook took a $75,000 bet on McGregor to beat Mayweather at +400 on Aug. 13. “As of today, if McGregor wins, we stand to lose over $2 million,” MGM assistant manager Jeff Stoneback said.
• William Hill US took three separate $50,000 moneyline wagers on McGregor to win (one at +475, two at +425) on July 24. The $150,000 bet would win $662,500.
• Westgate took two “five-figure bets” on McGregor on July 24.
• At South Point Sports Book, one bettor wagered $35,000 on McGregor to win by KO at 6-1 odds on July 24. That bet would win $210,000.
• Westgate took a $2,000 bet on McGregor at +600 and +550 odds
• Forty of the first 42 bets at Westgate were on McGregor, the biggest a $1,500 wager at +800 odds.
— Las Vegas sportsbook operator CG Technology, which runs the books at the Venetian, Cosmo, M Resort and others, said June 26 that it already is facing a multiple six-figure decision on the fight. According to vice president of risk Jason Simbal, there have been 13 times more bets on McGregor than Mayweather.
— The betting action on the fight remains “surprisingly brisk” at Station Casinos’ sportsbooks, where for every one bet on Mayweather there have been 15 on McGregor.